Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gear Bag: Five Great Tips for Dealing with Cables


This is a brief excerpt from Strobist




If your lighting gear includes sync cords, power cables and/or extension cords, this could happen to you. Don’t laugh, pictured is my actual Ancient Sync Cord Burial Ground from the past 20+ years.But over that time I have also gotten a lot better at dealing with cords, and picked up a few cool tips along the way. Keep reading for my favorite five.__________1. Cable Ties: A GodsendI can’t tell you how much I love these things. They are cheap ($7 for 100) and that’s a good thing because you’ll be glad you bought a hundred.The roll of 100 is seen at top, followed by a single tie and then a cable thusly contained. If it’s a cable in my house, it gets one of these. For sync cords and power cords, it turns a pile of spaghetti into an easily manageable collection of cords.Better power cables will come from the factory with the ties included (my Profoto power cords did). It took me about a week to realize I wanted all of my cables to behave like this.2. Also: Use Them For Strain ReliefWhen the wires are uncoiled, I use the cable ties to fasten the cords to my light …



By:


Continued… click here!


Learn more about why we don’t copy entire posts here.







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/gear-bag-five-great-tips-for-dealing-with-cables/

No comments:

Post a Comment