Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Motion of the Ocean: Chatting with Surf Photographer Chris Burkard


This is a brief excerpt from thePhoBlographer




Chris Burkard is the senior staff photographer for Surfer magazine and at the age of 26, Burkard has established himself as a known name in the surf and outdoor industries, accomplished a deep body of work, held staff and senior photographer positions and has been recognized continually for his distinct creative compositions. He also contributes regularly to various international publications and is a project photographer for Patagonia as well as several other respected brands. Chris is the recipient of many awards such as the Red Bull Illumination award amongst many others.

We were able to sit down and chat with him about his gear, shooting, and the icy cold.


Phoblographer: At what point did you suddenly say to yourself, ‘I love surfing. But I also love photography. Hey, maybe I should combine the two passions?’


Chris: Shortly after I graduated high school I was really into art and other types of artistic mediums. I always loved being creative but I didn’t feel like I had found the way to express myself yet. The first camera I picked up was at a Goodwill auction for 65 bucks. It never worked… not even a single roll of film came out. Soon after I …



By: Chris Gampat


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/motion-of-the-ocean-chatting-with-surf-photographer-chris-burkard/

No comments:

Post a Comment