Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Local TV photojournalist Jeff Frings on shooting DSLR documentary ’300 Miles of Gravel’


This is a brief excerpt from DSLR News Shooter






Guest post by Jeff Frings:


300 Miles of Gravel Trailer from Jeff Frings Photography on Vimeo.

I have been a photojournalist working in local television news for a little over 20 years and have always been eager to exploit new technologies to tell stories. I’ve been using GoPro cameras and video from point-and-shoot cameras in stories for a few years. I was blown away with the possibilities that DSLR video presented when I saw Vincent Laforet’s Reverie.

I am also an avid cyclist, and a teammate of mine had done a road event called the Trans Iowa a few years ago; I thought it would make an interesting story. Little did I know when I started this documentary in 2011 that it would go on to win a Chicago regional area Emmy for outstanding sports programming.

Since this race is so hard, riders don’t usually spend a lot of time taking video as they ride and because of the nature of the race, there isn’t a lot of spectator shot video either. The race is totally self-supported, meaning that riders have to carry everything they will need that they can’t buy at a convenience store on the route. …



By: Jeff Frings


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/local-tv-photojournalist-jeff-frings-on-shooting-dslr-documentary-300-miles-of-gravel/

No comments:

Post a Comment