Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Five Changes For The Worse In Photography


This is a brief excerpt from PhotoFocus




Photo by Scott Bourne – Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons


This is going to be a short post because I don’t want to dwell too long on negatives. But I have the desire to express my opinion on this so here goes. First – there’s lots to love about photography, but over the last decade, the photography world has been changing. Some of these changes have not been good for me. I understand not everyone will share my opinion. I’m okay with that. I embrace change and those of you who have followed me for a while know I am flexible. But not all change is good.

1. Photographers have become more focused on buying a camera with out-of-this-world low-light performance than developing a good style, shooting compelling photos or telling real stories with their camera.

2. Camera manufacturers have taken us into the megapixel wars TWICE in the last decade, most recently un-retiring that old marketing gimmick because they ran out of new ideas.

3. Pretty girls who take pictures of themselves and call themselves photographers are more well known in the last decade than Minor White, Paul Strand, Imogen Cunningham, Alfred Stieglitz, Walker Evans or Margaret Bourke-White.

4. Photography has become a commodity. …



By: scottbourne


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/five-changes-for-the-worse-in-photography/

No comments:

Post a Comment