Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Entitled Filmmaker


This is a brief excerpt from NextWaveDV






Please excuse me as I rant on for a little bit. I uploaded a video yesterday about Adobe Creative Cloud which has received some very harsh and derogatory comments. Several of the comments got me thinking about the current mentality of many “no-budget” filmmakers. While I know that these aren’t the views of everyone, I still feel like sharing my responses in a general blog post. So…here we go…

When I started getting involved in video six years ago, the world was a bit different. There was very little YouTube/blog/forum content out there. I had to piece together scraps of education since I wasn’t able to go to school for it. I started out with a JVC miniDV camera I bought off of ebay for $26. As I started investing in more equipment, I bought an HV20/30 and a DOF adapter rig. At the time, there were no rigs designed for consumer level cameras. Everything I used was a modification from its original purpose. The rig was designed for larger pro cameras…the monitor was designed for car dashboards…the battery pack off-the-shelf for basic electronics.

Fast forward to the HDSLR Revolution and everything changed. Not …



By: Tony Reale


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/the-entitled-filmmaker/

No comments:

Post a Comment