Monday, December 24, 2012

Batteries and Battery Management for Photographers


This is a brief excerpt from PhotographyBay




Batteries

With the love of photography, especially on location speed light use, comes the need for batteries and a way to manage them. I started out using alkaline batteries. They were cheap, easy to replace, and very easy to find when out on a shoot. But I realized I was throwing them away as fast as I was buying them. At this point I started to think that there had to be a better way.

I started researching rechargeable batteries. All of the ones I found initially had the same issue, they would lose their charge over time. I needed a battery that was rechargeable, but acted like an alkaline. I found the Eneloop batteries by Sanyo that stated they were slow discharge and would have 75% of their charge after 3 years of non-use.

I was skeptical, but decided to give them a try. They worked and the worked well. In my non scientific tests, they held up in my flashes as well as alkaline which always lasted longer the NiMH. I could now charge up these batteries and leave them in my bag with no worries about dead batteries.

Charging

Next dilemma, how to charge the batteries so that I …



By: Kortney Jarman


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/batteries-and-battery-management-for-photographers/

No comments:

Post a Comment