Monday, December 24, 2012

Looking Back – My 12 Favorite Bird Photographs From The Last Decade


This is a brief excerpt from PhotoFocus






I’ve been doing a lot of self-reflection lately. I’ve realized (late in my career) that for me to become an artist I have to get out of my own way. I have to be involved in something that I care about and you have to love my subjects. I also have to look back at what I’ve accomplished and set markers for my career. That way I can know wether or not I achieved what I wanted to.

I decided to select 12 photographs made over the last 10 years that are my personal favorites as part of this process. Note I am not saying that these are my best 12. I’m not saying they are the 12 best sellers. I am saying they are my personal favorites. We have to give ourselves license to enjoy and like our own work and for me, this process of looking back is part of that permission. Since I spent most of the last decade photographing birds, I selected 12 bird photographs. I hope you enjoy them.

In no particular order…


Photo by Scott Bourne – Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons


I made this image at Little Estero Lagoon on Fort Myers Beach. I like it because …



By: scottbourne


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/looking-back-my-12-favorite-bird-photographs-from-the-last-decade/

No comments:

Post a Comment