Monday, December 24, 2012

Using my Dad’s Old Manual K-Mount Lenses on Micro Four Thirds


This is a brief excerpt from thePhoBlographer




FLTR: Panasonic G1 + Lumix 20/1.7, Tokina 135/2.8, Revuenon 50/1.8 + K->MFT adapter


When my dad gave me his old Pentax ME SLR last year, it came with three lenses: a Cosinon 28mm f2, a Revuenon 50mm f1.4, and a Tokina 135mm f2.8. The body was in pretty bad shape, though. Not only did it have lots of dents and scratches and parts of the leatherette missing, it also had massive light leaks and would scratch the negatives I ran through it. So I decided to buy an adapter to use the K-mount lenses on my Micro Four Thirds camera — one of the best purchases I ever made.


FLTR: Cosina 28/2, Pentax ME + Revuenon 50/1.4, Tokina 135/2.8


My dad had used this particular ME body for years. I remember that he always had it with him when I was a child. During one fatal incident at a beach in Sweden, however, it got in too close contact with the sand. From that moment onward, it would scratch ugly horizontal lines into the negatives. Despite being serviced a couple times in the meantime (light seals, meter, shutter), the scratching propblem never went away. So the camera now has a place on my shelf, as an item of …



By: Felix Esser


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/using-my-dads-old-manual-k-mount-lenses-on-micro-four-thirds/

No comments:

Post a Comment