Sunday, March 24, 2013

How To (And Not To) Shoot Underwater Pt.1 Natural Light


This is a brief excerpt from F-Stoppers




This year my family and I escaped the cold of NYC and went to South Florida to celebrate the holidays. I was so glad to be heading to some warm weather, and I planned some shoots that wouldn’t be typical of the winter weather up North. I had never shot underwater before, so I wanted to challenge myself and try it out. I contacted BorrowLenses to see if they had an Aquatech housing that I could rent for my Nikon D4, but sadly it hadn’t been released yet. However, BL did put me in contact with Aquatech reps who were still testing out the new NY-4 housing and lent me one for the month I would be in Florida in return for some feedback, I gladly accepted.

Remember, this was my 1st time shooting underwater, typically I am a dance and portrait photographer that operates far from water. I made mistakes that hopefully you won’t have to make after reading this article. However, I did a lot right as well and I want to pass on ALL of that info to you to make your underwater shoots more successful, especially when first starting out.

First off, yes, …



By: Corey Melton


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/how-to-and-not-to-shoot-underwater-pt-1-natural-light/

No comments:

Post a Comment