Saturday, March 23, 2013

The American Dream – Behind the Scenes


This is a brief excerpt from F-Stoppers




Before today I only had a vague familiarity with Ian Ruhter’s work from his series “Silver and Light” last year. Then I came across his short film “The American Dream” this morning and all I can say is “wow.” First let’s give proper credit to the fact that he’s converted a truck into a gigantic drivable camera, cause that’s probably the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. Second, the images are absolutely amazing. What more could we ask for? Beautiful images, drivable camera…I’d be happy with that, but there is also a very moving video about the project and it’s participants as well as another video taking us behind the scenes. Oh yeah, and it’s all wet-plate collodion! It just keeps getting better.

Here’s the short film:


“The American Dream video is based on the fear of success, this thought is extremely powerful, fear has the ability to cripple us from pursuing our dreams. The moment I embraced my dreams it was as if the universe had drawn people to help us and share their stories. Our goal is to tell the stories of the people who live in America.” – Ian …



By: David Bickley


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/the-american-dream-behind-the-scenes/

No comments:

Post a Comment