Monday, March 25, 2013

The whole sky version of the Aurora Borealis from a few weeks ago



Just found this on Gizmodo and wanted to share – I’ve always been fascinated by these Aurora Borealis videos and maybe someday I’ll get to see the Northern Lights live (but then again, probably just a dream), but this one is unique in that it shows the full sky.


I also found this interesting – in the youtube comments from the video’s author Göran Strand:



Thanks for all you comments, I’m really glad you liked the video. I’ve put a lot of time into it to get the right feel. It was a magnificent show, I mostly lied down on the ground and just enjoyed it, so I wanted to capture the feeling of seeing this live.


Chris music helps a lot, I really encourage you to visit his website.



Really? He was lying down the whole 4 hours in the snow? I guess I’m too much of a homebody and not a rugged outdoors man! HA!








Aurora Borealis 2013-03-17


Can’t see the video in your RSS reader or email? Click Here!







Description



Follow me on

Facebookwww.facebook.com/fotografgoranstrand



  • Twitter – twitter.com/Astrofotografen

    This video shows what happened on Mars 17 when an CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) hit Earths magnetic field. Two days earlier, sunspot AR1692 had produced a M1-class solar flare that resulted in the CME that hit Earth.


    This time lapse shows what happened during four hours over Östersund here in Sweden, between 19:20 and 23:35 UT.


    The time lapse consists of 2464 raw images for a total data amount of 30Gb. The photo of the Sun is a hydrogen alpha mosaic I’ve made from 10 images that was captured on Mars 16. Total of 10 Gb data. So all in all this movie contains over 40Gb of data that I’ve been processing over the last 5 days. Hope you enjoy it.


    Music: I Am a Man Who Will Fight for Your Honor – Chris Zabriskie (chriszabriskie.com)





(cover photo credit: snap from the video)











You just finished reading The whole sky version of the Aurora Borealis from a few weeks ago! Consider leaving a comment!


Thanks for reading planet5D!


Have you seen planetMitch being goofy in the daily planet5D episodes?








via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/the-whole-sky-version-of-the-aurora-borealis-from-a-few-weeks-ago/

No comments:

Post a Comment