Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How I Caught The Photo Bug: Features Editor Abram Goglanian


This is a brief excerpt from thePhoBlographer




All throughout my childhood I can recall a camera being present at most family functions, sometimes I’d even be the one to “press the button”. If only I’d known how important that shutter button would become to me in the future. Fast-forward to my 8th grade year (which would be around mid-1998) and I had signed up to be part of the school yearbook. This marked the first time I would be intentionally setting out to take photos and begin to document life happening around me. I’ve always been something of an outsider (though I prefer to call myself a keen observer) and suddenly having a camera in my hand opened my eyes to an entirely new world of creativity.


That first year I only used my mom’s point-and-shoot camera, which obviously had limited capabilities, but it was enough to get me interested in taking the next step. Something worth mentioning is that up to this point, skateboarding was a big part of my life, to the effect that my entire thought process revolved around the action-sports industry and it would continue to be a central part of my being into my 20s. Once I began …



By: Abram Goglanian


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/how-i-caught-the-photo-bug-features-editor-abram-goglanian/

No comments:

Post a Comment