Thursday, April 25, 2013

Creating the Photograph: Simeon Quarrie’s “Until Your Love Frees Me”


This is a brief excerpt from thePhoBlographer




Editor’s Note: Creating the Photograph is a new series that we’re starting where we interview photographers all about the photo that they shot and talk to them about how it was achieved. The results are some knowledge passed onto you. Want to be featured? Email chrisgampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com

We found Simeon Quarrie via Profoto’s Twitter, and fell in love with some of his work. He primarily works in the wedding photography world, but his own vision and approach is closer to commercial and fashion photography. He is now becoming recognized more in the commercial world and the photo above really demonstrates his creative vision.

Here’s his story. And if you’re interested check out more in our Creating the Photograph series.


The Concept


The idea originally formed about 8 months ago. I make a concerted effort to generate ideas as they are are central to my style. At the time, I was on the Underground in London. I remember the precise moment. I opened my little sketch book and just started to draw. A number were watching as my hand movements became more frantic and as I became more excited as the clarity of my …



By: Chris Gampat


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/creating-the-photograph-simeon-quarries-until-your-love-frees-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment