Monday, April 29, 2013

Use Just About Any Lens With Your Micro Four Thirds Camera Thanks to the Novoflex MFT Adapter


This is a brief excerpt from PhotoFocus




Photo by Scott Bourne made with Nikon 24-70 on an Olympus OMD body w/ Novoflex MFT adapter


I decided to test the Novoflex MFT adapter with my Olympus OMD-EM5. My pal Frederick Van Johnson and I were in Santa Barbara, CA and he brought out is Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 lens. I had the Novoflex Adapter MFT Nikon version. The short version of this post is simple. The thing works.

The longer version.

There are many inexpensive Micro Four Thirds lens adapters on the market. But I’d heard most don’t hold up. I’ve tested some cheap Chinese knock offs that are so loose the lens wiggles on both ends. I decided to try the Novoflex to see if it’s worth the extra money. At first blush, it’s obviously a precision piece of gear, very well made. It’s made out of very sturdy materials and has good heft and weight to it. It’s not cheap plastic like some of the adapters I’ve tried. There is no give or play when it’s connected to the camera and/or lens.

In my short-term test I found it focused well at infinity (something the cheaper adapters …



By: scottbourne


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/use-just-about-any-lens-with-your-micro-four-thirds-camera-thanks-to-the-novoflex-mft-adapter/

No comments:

Post a Comment