Tuesday, February 26, 2013

5 Film Books You Should Have on Your Coffee Table


This is a brief excerpt from DSLR Video Shooter




The Internet is great for learning… So much out there for free. But there is nothing like sitting down with a cup of coffee or a stout and picking up a well-written book on film. Here are a few books I highly recommend you check out…


1. Cinematography: Theory and Practice

This was my 4rth purchase when getting started. I bought a 7D, 50mm prime, a tripod and this book. I highly recommend it to anyone newer to film. It is the bible of cinematography. Tons of illustrations and diagrams. LOVE it.


2. Master Shots

This book is loaded with numerous scenes broken down to show you how they were framed, lit and filmed. This is such a great book for referencing how to pull off curtain shots.


3. 100 Ideas that Changed Film

I don’t have this book yet, but I am looking forward to getting my hands on it! I’ve always enjoyed learning about film history, vintage cameras etc. So this book is going to be a fun one to have around.


4. Cinematic Storytelling

Another book loaded with images and description. Frame within a frame. Time, space, lighting, props, locations, size and so much more are explained in this book.


5. …



By: Caleb Pike


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/5-film-books-you-should-have-on-your-coffee-table/

No comments:

Post a Comment