Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thoughts on Music for Filmmakers


This is a brief excerpt from the Hurlbut Visuals blog




By Po Chan, Director of The Ticket and The Last 3 Minutes, and Lydia Hurlbut

Po Chan:Plato said, “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” I agree with Plato wholeheartedly because music is a very important element, or I should say “nutrient,” in my life and my work. A perfect example of this is the music that I chose for The Ticket.

While I was writing the script, I was repeatedly confronted with a dilemma. How could the meaning of my story, all the theories and feelings that I wanted to express, be conveyed only in physical movement and dialogue? That was not enough. I needed more room, another dimension. It was then that I realized that a song with well-written lyrics is what I needed.

So after I finished the script, I turned to my dear friend, The Fishermen Three, an amazing singer and songwriter. He has a very similar take on the feeling of love. I presented him with the script to see if the story would make his heart sing.

A few weeks later, he came back to me singing “Those Kisses.” I cried because …



By: Lydia


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/thoughts-on-music-for-filmmakers/

No comments:

Post a Comment