Monday, February 25, 2013

A Night to Remember


This is a brief excerpt from ProLost






Last night was a rough one for the Visual Effects community.

I was about to embark down the road of writing up the evenings events, as if I was some kind of journalist.

But I’m not. I’m a director, and a visual effects artist. I’m a fan of film who fantasized about making movies ever since seeing Star Wars at age five. I’m also a survivor of a VFX company bankruptcy.

So I know what it’s like to be an artist who feels overworked and under appreciated.

And I know what it feels like to start your dream company, and see it collapse.

I also know what it feels like to be a director who can’t afford all the VFX I’d like in my own work.

And here’s what I have to say:

Congratulations.

Congratulations to the visual effects crew of Life of Pi. I am simply blown away by your work. Your tigers and waves and artistry and technical mastery made me laugh and cry and revel in how wonderful movies can be. I know how hard it is to do what you did, and even though I know exactly how …



By: Stu


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/a-night-to-remember/

No comments:

Post a Comment