Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Night Drive from Sea Level to 10k Feet for One Photo


This is a brief excerpt from Learning DSLR video






I drove about 6 hours to get one photo.


On my vacation to Maui I wanted to capture one awesome photograph that I could use on my about page on my site. I had found an awesome shot on 500px by Eric Kraus that inspired me to make the journey to the summit of Haleakala (thanks to Eric for giving me permission to use his photo in this video). I got up early for my night drive from sea level to 10k feet to capture the sunrise.

Not knowing the island well I began to think that all the gas stations didn’t open until 5am and I would have to coast down the mountain if i ran out of gas at the summit which was how it was looking, but I finally found one.


Once I hit 8,000′ feet I was in the clouds I started to worry me that I came all this way for nothing. Perhaps an awesome shot was not in the cards for me.

I was hoping for somewhat if a spiritual experience by myself to ‘worship’ Haleakalā “house of the sun”, but there were surprisingly more people at the summit than I thought. However, everyone was …



By: Dave


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/night-drive-from-sea-level-to-10k-feet-for-one-photo/

No comments:

Post a Comment