Sunday, March 24, 2013

Alaska Eagle Diary 2013 – Part 3 – Eagles Can Dance


This is a brief excerpt from PhotoFocus




Photo by Scott Bourne – Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons


I’ve been having a great time co-leading a workshop with my pal Robert O’Toole. We have a surprisingly superb group with many return clients from past trips. We’ve had more good weather and light than bad. Today we have more challenging conditions so it will be good to see what the students have learned.

I forgot to mention earlier that I did some smartphone photography through the plane window as we came over one of Alaska’s many glaciers. Using Trey Ratcliff’s amazing 100 Cameras in 1, I made the picture below. I was surprise by how well it turned out.


Photo by Scott Bourne – Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons


I’ve learned that Micro Four Thirds cameras can indeed be used to capture fast action shots. They are not as reliable in this function as say, a Nikon D3s or Canon 1DX, but it can be done. I have about an 85% keeper rate with the D3s and the 1DX. My keeper rate with the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 75-300 (EFL 150-600) zoom is one fourth that. But it’s good enough to get some great action shots.

The trick …



By: scottbourne


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/alaska-eagle-diary-2013-part-3-eagles-can-dance/

No comments:

Post a Comment