Sunday, March 24, 2013

Interview with “Toy Stories” Photographer Gabriele Galimberti


This is a brief excerpt from F-Stoppers




You have likely seen Italian photographer Gabriele Galimberti‘s photos floating around the internet lately. His latest series, “Toy Stories” is the result of an 18-month project documenting children from around the world with their favorite toys. Many of the portraits were taken in the kids’ rooms. We see a range of living conditions from sparse to affluent. The concept is so simple yet so brilliant. It doesn’t hurt that the photographs were also expertly executed.

I had to know how this project came about, so I shot Gabriele a few questions.


Abel- Nopaltepec, Mexico


Bethsaida- Port-au-Prince, Haiti


What inspired this project?

I started this project almost by accident! The first photo that I took of this series was in Tuscany- the girl with the cows in the background. She’s the child of one of my best friends. My friend asked me to photograph her child. So I went to their house and she was playing with the cows. I thought that situation was really nice and I decided to take the photo of her there, with the cows and together with her toys. I really loved the result of that photo and some months later, when I …



By: Nick Fancher


Continued… click here!







via planet5D pinterest news http://pins.planet5d.com/interview-with-toy-stories-photographer-gabriele-galimberti/

No comments:

Post a Comment